We started off January with 11 individual weight loss tips for 2011, and now here they are, re-presented in one handy list.
- Make a weight loss plan. Write it out, and stick to it.
- Drink water for better weight loss. Keep yourself hydrated and healthy.
- Control your portions to reduce caloric intake. Reduce portions before you begin eating, so you are not tempted.
- Get moving with light physical activity to burn excess calories. Even fidgeting burns calories, so get up off the couch and do something.
- Join a weight loss support group. If you can't find one you like then work on developing your own unique support system.
- Exercise to burn fat. Set a goal, start slow, and increase your effort over time.
- Eat plenty of protein. It makes you feel fuller longer and nourishes your body.
- Keep a journal of your weight loss efforts. You might be surprised what you actually eat in a single day.
- Visit with your doctor about your weight loss goals. Remember that weight loss is not only cosmetic; losing weight can help you improve your health.
- Treat illnesses without letting them become an obstacle. If a cold or flu knocks you down, treat it and then get back on the plan.
- Reward yourself for weight loss successes. Find non-food motivators and use them to push yourself forward.
Weight Loss Surgical Center offers long-term weight loss support for patients who have had laparoscopic adjustable gastric band surgery. Many of the weight loss lessons that are usable by the general public are still important to lap band patients.
If you are interested in weight loss surgery as a powerful tool to help you lose weight, download our free kit of weight loss surgery information today.